Description du poste
The problem: In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason : the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
How we’re solving it: We’re building financial services to work as they should: no account fees, instantly available and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always function, we’re creating financial infrastructure that « just works. » In fall 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent, starting with Senegal. That’s where you come in to be part of our Legal department.
How you’ll help the Legal Department :
The Legal Assistant will be part of the Wave CI Legal and Risk Department.
Wave CI Legal Team is in charge of:
ESPACE PUBLICITAIRE A LOUER
(1 280 × 720)
Contacts : 00225 07 09 21 84 70 / 00225 01 01 29 23 73
- Ensuring compliance of the whole company’s activity with local and international regulations
- Helping other Departments in their projects’ implementation whenever a legal approach is needed and advising them in accordance with national and international regulations ;
- Establishing or reviewing all the contracts signed by the Company ;
- Securing the relations of the company with all the regulatory authorities by ensuring that the company is up to date with its administrative obligations;
- Helping in the management of the agents network and the legal implementation of the changes in our business model ;
- Working closely with the Finance team for the recovery of the missing cash ;
- Helping the People team for all the questions related to labor laws and employees’ contracts ;
- Working with the lawyers of the company for the management of the litigations ;
- Working with all the other legal services’ external providers (notary, bailiff…) ;
- Drafting or registering all the documents related to the relations of the company with its parent company and affiliated companies ;
- Ensuring the Legal secretary (drafting of shareholder’s decisions, their registration and publication);
- Developing an in-house legal culture.
Basic functions :
In this role, you will under the supervision of the Head of Legal :
- Help in the review and drafting of all the contracts to ensure adequacy with company’s interests and protection, and alignment with the regulation;
- Print and prepare the contracts for signature ;
- Draft the complaints and demand letters to the company’s debtors;
- Collect from the Recovery team and archive all the original documents for filling the recovery cases ;
- Validate the employment contracts and the documents provided to the staff by the People Team ;
- Answer to basic questions related to the regulation applicable to the company’s activity and provide basic legal advices;
- Setting up a legal watch for the company’s activity ;
- Electronical and physical archiving of the all the legal documents.
- Location is primarily in Abidjan with short-term relocation possible within country
- Work authorization in CI required
- Open ended contract with a trial period of 1 month renewable where needed
Profil du poste
- Secondary degree education in law
- At least 2 years’ experience with a mobile money company, bank, telecom operator, micro-finance company or consulting firm;
- Well organized, detail-oriented with accurate, clear legal approach;
- Good writing skills and excellent listening and communication skills ;
- Very Good level to fluent in English ;
- Native speaker or Fluent in French.
Preferable aptitudes and qualities
- You are able to efficiently and quickly apply the instructions given to you by your lead and identify problems or blocking points to be reported ;
- You like team work, but you also know how to work well independently when needed;
- You are at ease in preparing contracts in French/English ;
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done ;
- You are analytical in your approach to problems ;
- You are detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
Dossiers de candidature