G4S Abidjan, recrute Senior Legal Counsel – West Africa Conseiller juridique principal – Afrique de l’Ouest
G4S is the world’s leading global, integrated security company specialising in the delivery of security and related services to customers across six continents. G4S has a unique global footprint with operations in over 100 countries.
We have a truly global business with large established market positions in developed markets and outstanding positions in fast growing emerging markets.
The Africa Regional Legal Department is looking for a corporate commercial attorney or existing in-house Legal Counsel to provide legal support to G4S’ businesses operating throughout Africa.
The ideal candidate would be expected to work closely with the Deputy General Counsel, as well as other members within the Africa Regional Legal Department, on regulatory, compliance, litigation, policy and commercial matters as well as broader business issues.
- Review, analyse, interpret, draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts;
- Ability to identify and advise on contractual risks;
- Assist with mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring, including drafting of purchase agreements, shareholder agreements and ancillary agreements;
- Provide pragmatic, strategic and proactive legal advice to internal stakeholders across Africa;
- Consistently completes work according to plan, identifies and resolves work obstacles and problems effectively and has contingency plans to deliver required output with a proper understanding of legal ethical principles;
- Understand, interpret and identify appropriate solutions in respect of both national and cross-border regulations, including relevant Foreign Ownership Restrictions;
- Manage external litigation and associated legal costs relating to civil, commercial and employment law related matters; and
- Support the development and implementation of best practice procedures;
- Support with ad hoc investigations; and
- Assume leadership of projects to be undertaken by the Legal Function and engage effectively with both the Senior Management Team in country as well as the Africa Regional Executive.
- B.Com Law and/or L.L.B Degree;
- Admission as an Attorney of the High Court;
- Qualified Barrister and Solicitor
- Must have exposure to Owarda Law
- Must be Proficient in french
- Minimum of 7 (seven) years Post Qualification Experience focused on corporate and commercial work at a full service law firm and/or as an in-house Legal Counsel at a reputable corporate;
- Must have West African experience and knowledge of employment law ;
- High level of organisational and administrative competency;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various departments and cross-functional teams; and
- High attention to detail.
- Must be residing in West Africa or Must have valid permit to work in South Africa/Residency
Be the first to comment on ""